Onions are rubefacients, meaning they cause dilation of capillaries and increase blood circulation.
Keywords: low-glycemic index, low-glycemic load,, gluten-fee, grain-free, detoxifying, circulation-promoting, low-calorie, immune system boosting, slimming, high-fiber
- 1/4 cup of butter/olive oil mix
- 4 large Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable/beef stock
- 1-3 tsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1/4- 1/2 cup green onions
- Heat butter/olive oil mix in a large pot
- Add onions and cook on medium for 20-30 min until soft and pale golden. Stir frequently.
- Add wine and cook till liquid is nearly evaporated 5-10 min
- Add stock, bring to boil, simmer for about 5 min
- Spice to taste with lemon juice and black pepper