I did not like it at first, but then I added a dollop of butter and that changed everything. If you like cinnamon and butter that dish may make for a healthier version of a cinnamon bun minus gluten and sugar slump an hour later.
Keywords: low-glycemic index, anti-hypertensive, anti-diabetic, high antioxidant, high fiber, gluten-free, grain free
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of dried green/brown lentils
- 4 cups of water or broth
- 1.5 cups of cooked white beans
- 2 cups of cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground tumeric
- Saute onion and celery on butter in a soup pot
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and water, Boil and simmer for 30 min.
- Add beans and spices and simmer for another 15-20 min.